I was a beach bunny back in the day, long before there was sunscreen, you know the baby oil thing! Well, today my skin has shown signs of all that sun bathing. My skin was very damaged when I went back to school; however, by the time I graduated four months later, my skin had improved considerably. It had to do with using professional products with active ingredients, receiving facials, having microdermabrasion and chemical peels.
I have found the following to be some of the best ingredients to achieve results in a fairly short amount of time:
• Beta Glucane protects against UV damage and hydrates the skin.
• CoQ10 energizes new skin cell growth.
• Hyaluronic Acid is a moisturizing agent.
• Resorcinol is a powerful anti-bacterial agent with anti-acne, peeling and exfoliating properties (this is a form of Vitamin A).
• Salicylic Acid is a beta hydroxy acid. It breaks up oil and has powerful skin stimulating and anti-bacterial properties (this acid works great for people with acne. It helps to dry up the sebum (oil) and balance the sebum production).
• Tocotrienol is a form of Vitamin E and is a powerful anti-oxidant.